Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cats in Bed


My friend Katherine has been working with me to try to get me to break loose and draw. I am trying, but one of the hardest things is to let go and just draw and silence my inner critic.

At Artfest I took a class from Carla Sonheim, a delightful and whimsical artist as well as a delightful person! Carla's drawing lab book was just released, and an online art group is going through each chapter, lesson by lesson, exercise by exercise---I've joined in.

The first exercise in Carla's book is called "Cats in Bed". She encourages students to place heavy drawing paper on a pillow or on their bed. Using a permanent marker pen, draw at least 30 cats and the pillow or bed will cause the paper to "give" so there is fluidity in the lines (and a good excuse if you don't like it! ha!). This is one of my quirky cats. Believe it or not, giraffes are next!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have found you via A.R.T. Waiting for my book, but I might give the first lesson a go tonight without it. Love your blog. Blessings from another cracked pot! :-)

    ReplyDelete