Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mosaic Birthday Chair

I finally finished my "birthday chair", the chair for all the grandkids to sit in at Grammy's house when it is their birthday.  Mosaicing a chair was an assignment in my mosaic class with Katherine (http://www.katherineengland.com/ ), but I struggled and struggled with what chair to use, what design, what I wanted as an end result...  Finally, I decided I wanted to pattern it after the work of Mary Englebrecht because I knew the grandkiddlettes would respond to something colorful and whimsical.

Yesterday I finally grouted, and I have to say, I love it! After 5 1/2 years of doing mosaics, I realize I have about 5 items I've really loved, and this is one of them. Hope you enjoy it, too!





6 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love the idea of a birthday chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only five Mosaics you love after 5 1/2 years? Amazing...this is very pretty and you hand made all the tiles too, Great job. Love the inspired ME flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous chair! I know the birthday kids will love it! It looks like you used glass tiles? It looks like you fused them to soften the edges? That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very adorable this idea, I like so much,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very adorable this idea, I like so much,

    ReplyDelete