Sunday, September 18, 2011

Making Watercolor Journals


I took an online class from Julie Prichard a couple of years ago in making handmade journals.  It's definitely worth the time and money as Julie is an excellent teacher.  These are some of the journals I made (I can never make just one of something! ha!)  The paper used is Fabriano, but here's the very best trick of all.....she says to use the stationary because it's the perfect size to fold and perfectly pre-cut!  Brilliant!  So, I took it one step further and bought the Fabriano watercolor notecards that are pre-creased!

Then, I took her class on different art techniques to use in your journal.  Really fun!!

And last but not least, I took a one-day drawing class from Katherine England in drawing for journaling.  AWESOME DAY.  If you EVER have a chance to take a class from Katherine, it is SO worth it!  I had convinced myself that i couldn't draw but here is a page I completed the next day after taking the class---not too bad---at least the objects are recognizable!  ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment